Thursday 23 February 2017

c# - How to Sort a List by a property in the object



I have a class called Order which has properties such as OrderId, OrderDate, Quantity, and Total. I have a list of this Order class:



List objListOrder = new List();

GetOrderList(objListOrder); // fill list of orders


Now I want to sort the list based on one property of the Order object, for example I need to sort it by the order date or order id.



How can i do this in C#?


Answer



The easiest way I can think of is to use Linq:



List SortedList = objListOrder.OrderBy(o=>o.OrderDate).ToList();


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...