Friday 28 April 2017

python - How to get everything from the list except the first element using list slicing




So I have something that I am parsing, however here is an example of what I would like to do:



list = ['A', 'B', 'C']


And using list slicing have it return to me everything but the first index. So in this case:



['B', 'C']



I have been messing with stuff like list[:-1], list[::-1], list[0:-1], etc. But I can't seem to be able to find this out.



What I am actual doing is:
* I have a error message that has a error code in the beginning such as:



['226', 'Transfer', 'Complete']



and I want to just display Transfer Complete on a popup widget. Of course I am casting to a string.



Thank you for all help, and if answer differs via Python 2.7.x and Python 3.x.x Please answer for both versions.



Thanks, looked a lot around stackoverflow and python tutorials couldn't really quite get what I was looking for. Thanks for your help!


Answer



You can just do [1:].
This will work on both versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...