Tuesday 25 April 2017

jquery - After adding callback function, why is my variable modified inside it unaltered?

I know it is asynchronicity, but I have followed the steps of adding callback function Why is my variable unaltered after I modify it inside of a function? - Asynchronous code reference but I can only access the changes inside the callback function. Here is my code snippet. Please help



function callback(point) {

for (i = 0; i < point.length; i++) {
myDate[i] = point[i].date_time;
myValue[i] = point[i].my_value;
}


for (j = 0; j < myDate.length; j++) {
var temp = new Array(myDate[j], myValue[j]);
mySeries[j] = temp;
}
alert("MYSERIES in scope: " + mySeries); //defined

}
alert("MYSERIES out scope: " + mySeries); // undefined
getAllMessagesforChart(callback);


function getAllMessagesforChart(callback) {
var data = @Html.Raw(JsonConvert.SerializeObject(this.Model))


$.ajax({
url: '/messages/GetMessagesforChat',
data: {
id: data.id,
},

contentType: 'application/html ; charset:utf-8',
type: 'GET',
dataType: 'JSON'

}).success(function (data) {
callback(data);
}).error(function (e) {
alert("error " + e)
})


}

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...