Tuesday 31 May 2016

python - Importing modules from parent folder




I am running Python 2.5.



This is my folder tree:



ptdraft/
nib.py
simulations/
life/
life.py



(I also have __init__.py in each folder, omitted here for readability)



How do I import the nib module from inside the life module? I am hoping it is possible to do without tinkering with sys.path.



Note: The main module being run is in the ptdraft folder.


Answer



It seems that the problem is not related to the module being in a parent directory or anything like that.



You need to add the directory that contains ptdraft to PYTHONPATH




You said that import nib worked with you, that probably means that you added ptdraft itself (not its parent) to PYTHONPATH.


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...