Saturday 21 May 2016

How do I fix an "Invalid license data. Reinstall is required." error in Visual C# 2010 Express?




I've tried to install Visual C# 2010 Express edition onto my PC, but whenever I try to run it, I get a error message.




Invalid license data. Reinstall is required.




I've already tried reinstalling it, and the message persists.



OS is Vista Home Premium. I already have VC# 2008 Express installed.


Answer




This worked for me on Vista. It's based on work-around at MS: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/520110/invalid-license-data-reinstall-is-required




  1. Download subinacl command line tool
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en


  2. Run these commands:
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses /setowner=everyone
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses /grant=everyone=f


  3. Start VS 2010 Express again and this time it asks for a license key.




(On Windows 7 Home I had to run the above commands twice before they worked correctly)


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...