Tuesday 29 November 2016

java - NullPointerException when Creating an Array of objects





I have been trying to create an array of a class containing two values, but when I try to apply a value to the array I get a NullPointerException.



public class ResultList {
public String name;
public Object value;
}





public class Test {
public static void main(String[] args){
ResultList[] boll = new ResultList[5];
boll[0].name = "iiii";
}
}



Why am I getting this exception and how can I fix it?


Answer



You created the array but didn't put anything in it, so you have an array that contains 5 elements, all of which are null. You could add



boll[0] = new ResultList();


before the line where you set boll[0].name.



No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...