Wednesday 30 November 2016

Installing Wordpress on Windows 8 using XAMPP but PHP not running



I'm Windows 8 user who wants to install Wordpress.




I'm using XAMPP and have checked that my XAMPP is working. I also have created a database on MySql and set up the wp-config.php with the database details I have created before.
But every time I click the wp-admin/install.php, I get this error :




Error: PHP is not running
WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.




I'm using mySQL database, and database name is wordpress.
This is my config :





// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME',
'wordpress');



/** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'root');



/** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', '');




/** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');



/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');



/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');




I still get the error, need some help.



Answer



Use XAMPP controle panel to start Apache (PHP) and MySQL. Every time when you shutdown windows Apache and MySQL will be shutdown as well. If you haven't setup Apache (PHP) and MySQL as a service you need to manually start apache(PHP) and MySQL via the controle panel. C:\xampp\xampp-control.exe if you use the default directory. Make sure to run the programm as admin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...