Saturday 25 March 2017

r - List of excel files is read in as list of lists

Answer



I have a directory of 332 Excel files which I'm reading into R as follows:



list_files <- list.files(path = "C:/Users/mslomka/Documents/R/Datasets/Week 2", pattern = ".csv")
read_files <- lapply(list_files, read.csv)


However, when I subset the read_files list, all the components are lists rather than data frames/matrices (which is what they should be, given that they are Excel files).




I would like to either (a) read all the excels in as data frame, or (b) create a loop that coerces each of the lists into a data frame.



I have tried several approaches for (b) but none have worked, for example lapply(read_files, as.data.frame). I have only managed to coerce individual lists into data frames, for example by doing as.data.frame(read_files[1]).



Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...