Tuesday 28 March 2017

javascript - Is there any way to distinguish between an unset property and a property set to undefined?




Say I have the object testObject = {a: undefined}. If I then console.log(testObject.a), I get undefined. But the same happens if I console.log(testObject.b), which doesn't exist. Is there any way in JavaScript to distinguish between a and b here? I ask mostly out of curiosity, I have no use case.


Answer




hasOwnProperty() method returns a boolean indicating whether the object has the specified property as own (not inherited) property.



In given case -



  testObject = {a: undefined};

testObject.hasOwnProperty('a') //true
testObject.hasOwnProperty('b') //false

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...