Friday 31 March 2017

gradle - Move Android 4.0 project to Android 5.0





How to move my Android 4.0 project to Android 5.0 to support only 5.0 and above. What changes i have to make in my project ?



Please let me know the procedure.



It dosen't mean I just want to change my SDK version or API level. It means including AppCompact and other material design stuff.




Which libraries I required to make my Android 4.0 app port into 5.0 material design and other features.


Answer



Its pretty simple..



1.First download the respective build tools and platform tools of the 5.0 in the android sdk from the android studio.




  1. Then just update the manifest and the build.gradle file of the project with the build version to 21 (for 5.0) or respective api number of the 5.0.


  2. Make a gradle sync.



  3. Some parts of the code may show error update the dependancies as per the 5.0 api.



No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...