Monday 17 October 2016

Identify these plot elements from Tarzan movies



I recently re-watched Tarzan and his Mate (1934), and the surprisingly violent content in it reminded me of a couple of fragmented images that I would like to track down from other Tarzan films.


The first is of a tank disguised as a dinosaur/dragon, and used by the white antagonists to terrify the 'natives' (and which also terrified my young self).


The second is of explorers who fall foul of the locals and are tied to trees that have been forcibly bent into 'X' shapes - and which are then unbound, thus springing back to upright and neatly tearing the victims in half. Very gruesome, I agree, and a powerful image that has stayed with me for many decades.


I have no other recollections from either film, sorry.


Are these elements from Johnny Weismuller Tarzan films (or even Ron Ely's TV show), and if so, can you identify the films?


Answer


The tank/dinosaur featured in a 1967 Ron Ely episode of Tarzan called 'Track Of The Dinosaur'. From memory the bad guys were using it to scare off locals to gain land.


Source.


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...