Thursday 23 June 2016

javascript - CORS - Is it a client-side thing, a server-side thing, or a transport level thing?

I am trying to understand CORS. From my understanding, it empowers you to limit which domains can access a resource on your server. However, this doesn't seem like the full story. For example, I have a web service without CORS enabled. I cannot hit this web service from my web application via jQuery (the app is running on localhost). However, I can hit the web service from Postman. So, I'm a bit confused. Is there some extra client side work that involves CORS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...