Monday 15 February 2016

html - How do I make a placeholder for a 'select' box?



I'm using placeholders for text inputs which is working out just fine. But I'd like to use a placeholder for my selectboxes as well. Of course I can just use this code:






But the 'Select your option' is in black instead of lightgrey. So my solution could possibly be CSS-based. jQuery is fine too.



This only makes the option grey in the dropdown (so after clicking the arrow):



option:first {
color: #999;
}


The question is: How do people create placeholders in selectboxes? But it has already been answered, cheers.



And using this results in the selected value always being grey (even after selecting a real option):



select {
color: #999;
}

Answer



A non-CSS - no JavaScript/jQuery answer:









No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...