Friday 9 December 2016

python - Get list from pandas DataFrame column headers



I want to get a list of the column headers from a pandas DataFrame. The DataFrame will come from user input so I won't know how many columns there will be or what they will be called.



For example, if I'm given a DataFrame like this:



>>> my_dataframe

y gdp cap
0 1 2 5
1 2 3 9
2 8 7 2
3 3 4 7
4 6 7 7
5 4 8 3
6 8 2 8
7 9 9 10
8 6 6 4

9 10 10 7


I would want to get a list like this:



>>> header_list
['y', 'gdp', 'cap']

Answer



You can get the values as a list by doing:




list(my_dataframe.columns.values)


Also you can simply use: (as shown in Ed Chum's answer):



list(my_dataframe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...