Friday 9 December 2016

javascript - jQuery Event Keypress: Which key was pressed?

Answer


Answer




With jQuery, how do I find out which key was pressed when I bind to the keypress event?



$('#searchbox input').bind('keypress', function(e) {});


I want to trigger a submit when ENTER is pressed.



[Update]




Even though I found the (or better: one) answer myself, there seems to be some room for variation ;)



Is there a difference between keyCode and which - especially if I'm just looking for ENTER, which will never be a unicode key?



Do some browsers provide one property and others provide the other one?


Answer



Actually this is better:



 var code = e.keyCode || e.which;

if(code == 13) { //Enter keycode
//Do something
}

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...