Thursday 8 December 2016

excel - Select String within Cell and Paste to Another Sheet



In Sheet1 cell A1 is the string "the cat sat on the mat". I can click into the cell and select "the cat" with my mouse and Ctr+C to copy it to the clipboard however...




I would like to be able to paste "the cat" into "Sheet2"A1 by using a short cut VBA.



I know that I can select an entire cell and paste into another sheet with a single VBA, but I can't seem to activate a Macro whilst I'm inside the cell and selecting "the cat".



Unless I'm wrong, I'm resigned to selecting "the cat", Copying via Ctr+C, clicking out of the cell and then activating a Macro - but please could someone tell me how to access the clipboard? When copying a selection of cells I use: Selection.Copy - how would I select the clipboard "the cat" that I've just copied?



Thanks in advance for any help


Answer



You're right, you can't run a macro while in Cell Edit mode. Once you've done your copy and clicked into the cell you're pasting in, you can just use:




Activecell.PasteSpecial

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...