Sunday 4 December 2016

c++ faq - What does the C++ standard state the size of int, long type to be?

Answer


I'm looking for detailed information regarding the size of basic C++ types.
I know that it depends on the architecture (16 bits, 32 bits, 64 bits) and the compiler.




But are there any standards for C++?



I'm using Visual Studio 2008 on a 32-bit architecture. Here is what I get:



char  : 1 byte
short : 2 bytes
int : 4 bytes
long : 4 bytes
float : 4 bytes

double: 8 bytes


I tried to find, without much success, reliable information stating the sizes of char, short, int, long, double, float (and other types I didn't think of) under different architectures and compilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...