Thursday 15 December 2016

android - "SDK Platform Tools component is missing!"

Answer


Answer





I am trying to add the add SDK Platform 1.6 to an existing Install of 2.2, with the help of this thread.



As suggested, I ran HelpCheck for Updates which found and installed the following:



  + Android DDMS              8.0.1.v201012062107-82219
+ Android Development Tools 8.0.1.v201012062107-82219


It prompted for restarting Eclipse and when it restarted it gave me the following error message:




"SDK Platform Tools component is missing!
Please use the SDK Manager to install it."


Huh? Why? I still have the SDK Platform Tools on C:\android-sdk-windows that was working perfectly before I did this "upgrade".



What do I need to have both 2.2 and 1.6 supported in my development environment?


Answer



OK, here is what I did to fix the problem:




Open Eclipse. Then:
Window > Android SDK and AVD Manager
> Available Packages:
> Android Repository:
+ Android SDK Tools, revision 8
+ Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 1

[Install Selected]


No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...