Sunday 20 March 2016

eclipse - Android SDK does not show the Android support library

I am new to Android development. I just installed Android SDK and with required packages.



In eclipse, I created my first Android project and came through all the steps of the wizard until the final step. In the last step, when I finish the creation of the project, the wizard does not disappear, but the project gets created with some errors(which are some popular errors among developers).



the error is :





Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the
given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light'.




I came through a suggestion given here and the suggestion is to install
the Android Support Library.



But in my SDK manager, it does not show the package for Android Support Library. under Extras. Why is that? How can I install the Android Support Library. using my SDK manager.




A screen shot of my SDK manager is given below. You can see that Android Support Library is not there even though support repository is there.



enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

c++ - Does curly brackets matter for empty constructor?

Those brackets declare an empty, inline constructor. In that case, with them, the constructor does exist, it merely does nothing more than t...